Application for the 46th Ship for Southeast Asian and Japanese Youth Programme (SSEAYP) 2019
Add me to the waiting list
Please fill in the form below and we will get back to you as soon as there is a spot which frees up.
We have added you to our waiting list and you will be contacted as soon as a ticket becomes available.
Organised by the Cabinet Office of Japan and supported by the governments of Southeast Asia, SSEAYP has benefited over 1,000 Singaporean youths since 1974. Through SSEAYP, participating youths have the opportunity for international exposure and leadership development as they play a significant role as youth ambassadors for Singapore. The National Youth Council (NYC), Singapore's national co-ordinating body for youth affairs, oversees the programme.
The journey promises participants with vibrant discussions on social & youth matters and eye-opening cultural exchanges. At each port of call, participants can look forward to interacting with the local youths, pay courtesy calls on dignitaries, visit local institutions and experience a unique home stay programme.
23 Oct 2019 - 13 Dec 2019
Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Myanmar and Japan.
- Before you complete the application form, please read the Terms & Conditions to participate in the 46th SSEAYP 2019.
- Application forms need not be accompanied by supporting documents, such as educational certificates and testimonials. The original copies should be brought along for the interview upon request.
- False particulars or wilful suppression of material facts will render you liable for disqualification.
- The deadline for submission of the application form is stated below. Late submissions will not be entertained.
- Deadline for National Leader Application – By 1 March 2019, 6:00 PM
- Deadline for Participating Youth Application – By 31 March 2019, 6:00 PM
Information on the Selection Process
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews. The National Leader and Participating Youth applicants will be notified by mid March and mid May 2019 respectively should they be selected for the interview. Requests for change in interview dates will not be entertained. The tentative interview dates are as follows:
- Selection Interview for National Leader – 12 March 2019, between 6:00 PM to 10.00 PM*
- Selection Exercise & Selection Interview for Participating Youth – 4 & 11 May 2019, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM*
All decisions of the National Youth Council on the selection of candidates are final and no enquiry pertaining to such decisions shall be entertained.
*Subject to changes