Raising Capital and Awareness of IP Issues
Add me to the waiting list
Please fill in the form below and we will get back to you as soon as there is a spot which frees up.
We have added you to our waiting list and you will be contacted as soon as a ticket becomes available.
WHAT IS THIS ABOUT?
Raising capital and awareness of IP issues are serious business! Whether you are running a fledgling start-up or on your way to building the next unicorn, there are golden opportunities and messy pitfalls lurking at every corner. Come join our team from Taylor Vinters Via as we share our thoughts and experience in this space, while helping you to make sense of it all.
This talk will give you a glimpse into the exciting world of fund raising and the issues that may arise during this crucial period of company growth as well as IP fundamentals that all startups should be aware of.
Victoria Armstrong, Senior Associate
- Experienced IP practitioner with a focus on protecting and enforcing rights in a digital environment
- Experience working in the UK, Brussels, Hong Kong and Singapore for APAC and EMEA-wide clients
- Handled numerous domain name complaints, including UDPR and URS complaints with HKIAC an WIPO
- Key areas of focus include IP licensing, international legal and policy developments, commercial transactions and disputes, data protection and online brand protection
Xing Loong Lim, Team Lead, Growth & Strategy Australian Qualified Lawyer
- His focus is to develop effective, next-generation strategies to promote the firm’s Growth and Investments practice
- Supports the Singapore legal team in areas such as corporate funding, investment projects, investment structuring, mergers and acquisitions, corporate dispute resolution, corporate restructuring, project financing and general corporate law
- Has experience in supporting legal teams to structure complex- blockchain-related M&A deals, and high value cross-border investments
- Supports the firm’s Singapore lawyers to deliver precise, cost- effective solutions for all our client’s business and investment needs
About Taylor Vinters Via
Recognised for our technology law and intellectual property law practices in Singapore by Chambers & Partners and Legal 500, as well as Noted by International Financial Law Review (IFLR) for our international M&A & funding work, we support businesses driving the innovation economy in Asia, and the entrepreneurs and private wealth that underpin them.